“…tonic of outdoor air, the healthy influence that comes from contact with the soil, the delightful companionship with nature.” (Eben E. Rexford, The Home Garden, 1909).
Straight from the pages of The Farmer’s Almanac, here are some suggestions, with links, of ways you could celebrate this amazing planet we live on!
• Plant wildflower seeds. See our article, Wild About Wildflowers.
• Start landscaping using native plants. See our article, The Natural Garden.
• Bring nature into the garden with plants that attract butterflies.
• Did you know that the average person spends over 90 percent of his time indoors? Take a walk, go to a park, pick up litter, visit a farmers’ market, or just breathe in fresh air!
• Unplug. It’s estimated that 75 percent of electricity used to power our TVs, computers, and other electronics is consumed while the power is turned off. Unplug your electronics.
Then take ONE MINUTE to watch this Discovery Channel promo and see if you don’t agree — THE WORLD IS JUST AWESOME!