Thanks to all who played along. :) The answers are below, as taken from information gathered online.
1. Which of the following belong to the rose family?
[d] all of the above *
2. The stems of which of the following flowers were used to fill lifejackets before the advent of modern materials?
[b] sunflower *
3. 80% of the world’s rose species come from:
[c] Asia *
4. The eggplant is a member of the:
[a] potato family *
5. The most widely grown plant in the world is:
[b] wheat *
6. A dragonfly has a lifespan of:
[b] 24 hours *
The correct answer for the dragonfly question should be: between six months and several years. Everyone gets a freebie! :)
7. Tulips originated in:
[a] Turkey *
8. Two-thirds of the world’s eggplant is grown in:
[d] New Jersey *
9. After planting coffee seed, it takes aprox. _____ years to yield consumable fruit.
[c] 5 *
10. Babe Ruth wore a __________ leaf under his cap to keep cool. He changed it every two innings.
[b] cabbage *