I was exploring kompoStella’s blog after she left a lovely comment on one of my posts, and I came across an exercise that looked like too much fun to ignore.
One is to answer a series of questions, listed below for those who might like to partake, by typing one’s answer into Flickr search and creating a mosaic (from their template) out of the photos that come up from your search.
– type your answer to each of the questions into Flickr search.
– using only the first page of results, choose your favourite image.
– copy and paste each of the URL’s into the mosaic maker set for 3 columns, 4 rows.
– create the mosaic
I tried to use photos that were more a representation of my answers, rather than a literal picture, and let me tell you, this gets introspective and interesting. Be warned: it can become time-consuming, too!
My answers were given in the following order:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
10 11 12
if anyone cares to guess. :-)
Questions to be answered:
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favourite food?
3. Where did you grow up?
4. What is your favourite colour?
5. Favourite drink?
6. Dream vacation?
7. Favourite dessert?
8. Favourite place on this planet?
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One word to describe you?
12. Your blog name.
So that proper credit is given to the photographers, Flickr supplies the code for links to their page as it creates the mosaic:
1. Nancy through my eyes, 2. First Course: Scallops, 3. Lighthouse window view, Bay of Fundy., 4. Let’s Get Green! Please take a moment to read…, 5. Dom Coffee topped with whipped cream, 6. Three Cheers for Three Chairs, 7. Strawberry Shortcake, 8. Chester Basin fog, 9. …but in our hearts, 10. The Freedom (to Be), 11. the hidden depths of being real, 12. Silent Soliloquy
I hope you’ll ponder my answers and perhaps make a mosaic of your life as well. :-)