Richard at Smart Like Streetcar tagged me, asking me to write six random things about myself and then return the favor. I believe I’ve done this one before, but I’m sure I’m random enough to come up with something new. :)
Anyway, the rules are simple. To play you must:
* Link to the person who tagged you (That would be Richard).
* Post the rules on your blog
* Share six unimportant things/habits/quirks about yourself
* Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
* Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website
So… six random thoughts about me.
1. I love my coffee. But I’m a bit of a coffee snob. If I can’t have it the way I enjoy it, I’d rather not have it at all. And the way I enjoy it is hot and freshly brewed with a touch of coffee cream.
2. My favorite food is scallops. Digby scallops preferred, of course. I guess if I had to choose a “last meal”, that would be it.
3. I’m a rockhound, and spend many summer afternoons scouring the beach at Scot’s Bay for rocks suitable for tumbling and polishing. I’ve found many agates, some amethysts, but best of all, I like tumbling more ordinary looking stones to see what beautiful colors and patterns they reveal. It’s a bit like a treasure hunt.
4. I collect antique Christmas ornaments.
5. I would like to try to trace my roots on the Watson (my father) side of my family. I’ve been able to trace the Cochrane clan (my mother) back 10 generations, to 1750 in Ireland, before running into a wall with that. It’s very exciting to uncover a new connection.
6. I am an only child and have always longed for a brother. Any takers? ;-)
I’m not going to tag anyone in particular, as I’ve done this meme before (or one similar to it), but anyone who reads this, feel free to join in!