Jodi, of bloomingwriter, tagged me in this meme. And in accordance with The Rules, here are…The Rules:
* When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you.
* Then post the rules before your list, and list eight random things
* At the end of the post, you must tag and link to eight other people.
2. I was a licensed Realtor and worked for Century 21 for a short time. While the idea of helping people buy and sell their homes was (and is) attractive, I found I didn’t really have the aggression or the sis-boom-bah required to be a good salesperson.
3. I lived most of my life in the the small, seaside village of Walton, Nova Scotia, population approx. 300. (Walton boasts the largest, single deposit of barites in North America and was once a wide awake and sedulous shipping port. The barites mine closed in the early 70’s, but the wharf and lighthouse remain, keeping watch over some of the highest tides in the world. Walton Lighthouse, built in 1873, was designated a heritage site years ago and sees some 20,000 visitors a year.)
4. I have two daughters, aged 28 and 24, and a darling grandson who is 14 months old. If I’ve done anything right in this life, they are it.
5. I am a dreamer and an eternal optimist, despite having a rather realistic view of the world.
6. If I could fulfill all my dreams and schemes, I would be the keeper of a large, charming inn situated near the ocean.
7. Some think it crazy, but I adore the winter, including the snow. Nothing makes me happier than to be hunkered down during a snow storm, assuming that all loved ones and friends are safe at home, of course. I love all four of our seasons here in Nova Scotia, and I would definitely miss the snow.
8. One of the many things I’ve always wished I could do is dance. I took dance lessons for several years as a young girl and would love to learn ballroom and Latin dancing.
Phew! As if that weren’t difficult enough, now I have to tag eight people. Here are my choices:
1. Ceri Hebert at It’s All About the Romance;
2. Lyvvie at Lyvvie’s Limelight;
3. Joely at Joely Sue Burkhart;
4. David at Third World County;
5. Stephen at Stephen Parrish;
6. Richard at Smart Like Streetcar;
7. Diane at Sand to Glass, Word Cafe;
8. Crystal at Chrys’ World.
I can’t promise they’ll all play, but I hope at least a few will join in. :)